Summary – Read the full update here (including all the links & more)
This week’s DEMSA update discusses the influence of inflation rates, communication dynamics and the latest breathing space statistics within the UK.
Covering diverse areas, from inflation and language diversity to debt management tools and cybersecurity, the update discusses the current financial landscape’s intricacies and challenges. It highlights Breathing Space as a prominent tool for debt management and underscores the significance of differentiating between problem gambling and gambling-related harm.
There is also a growing importance for tech-based skills in the workforce and upcoming industry events focused on tackling challenges under the Consumer Duty.
- Inflation rates are influential in shaping economic projections and forecasts.
- Shifting language diversity patterns impact communication dynamics across the UK.
- The MaPS Corporate Plan prioritizes quality debt advice and mental health support.
- Breathing Space registrations experience a significant increase, particularly for standard Breathing Space.
- Personal insolvency statistics reveal fluctuations in individual insolvencies and IVAs.
- Addressing problem gambling requires a clear distinction between problem gambling and gambling-related harm.
- Cybersecurity vulnerabilities pose challenges, necessitating proactive protective measures.
- The UK Regulators’ Network emphasizes consistent creditor management for improved debtor experiences.
- Industry events such as the Credit Strategy Collections & Vulnerability Summit focus on challenges faced by first-time debtors under the Consumer Duty.
- Developing tech skills becomes crucial to navigate workforce shifts due to automation.
- Influential Factors: Inflation rates and their impact on economic outlooks require careful analysis.
- Language Dynamics: Evolving language diversity trends influence communication trends in the UK.
- Debt Management Insights: Breathing Space emerges as a vital tool for effective debt management.
- Clarity in Gambling: Clear differentiation between problem gambling and gambling-related harm is vital.
- Cybersecurity Vigilance: Proactive measures are essential to safeguard sensitive financial data.
- Professional Development: Tech-based skills are crucial for navigating workforce changes driven by automation.
- Industry Engagement: Upcoming events address challenges under the Consumer Duty and debt management.
Access all the updates here
RO-AR insider newsletter
Receive notifications of new RO-AR content notifications: Also subscribe here - unsubscribe anytime